You should be able to telnet to the Tomcat server and send it a request.
The response including headers will be visible in your telnet session.

Subir

-----Original Message-----
From: Marco Mastrocinque [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, February 21, 2005 2:09 AM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Sniffing loaclhost traffic for HHTP headers

Hi All,
       Just a 'silly question,' I downloaded a HTTP sniffing program
because I want to get use to reading header information. I'm using
Apache Tomcat, on a localhost configuration for development purposes.
The sniffing program I downloaded from 'EffeTech,' in the FAQ section
states, 'Due to the mechanism of Windows operating system, a sniffer
can't capture local-to-local traffic.' Please note I found this out the
hard way! The question I have is how do you do it?

Thanks Marco Mastrocinque.