Where do you put  log4j.properties currently?
-Michael Greer

On Feb 21, 2005, at 5:02 PM, Brian McGovern wrote:

I have a wierd problem. Tomcat on W2k barks FileNotFound Exceptions for the log4j.properties file when i execute a servlet that instantiates log4j. Strangely enough the actual file that i create and log to with log4j.properties file logs out just fine even though stdout.log said that it couldn't find my log4j.properties file.

Only time i don't get an error is when i put log4j.properites in my winnt/system32 directory. But this doesnt make sense to me. I supply -Dlog4j.configuration=log4j.properties to Java at startup and still get the same error. I also tried the FULL path to my log4j.properties in the -D option.

Instantiated like this across my app.

private static final Logger zLogger = Logger.getLogger(MyClassName.class);

Can anyone tell me where I went wrong.

thanks