On Tue, 22 Feb 2005, Jeanne Case wrote:

> I am new to the list and Tomcat. I know this has probably been answered,
> but I am having trouble finding it in the archives. Is there an
> installation guide that makes sense some where?
>
> I would like some  thing with a definition of files, what to edit, what
> works, how to install from source. I find the documentation on
> jakarta.apache.org/tomcat to be confusing. Any help is appreciated.

If you're installig on a linux machine, we have a brief guide on setting up
Tomcat for our virtual linux machine service at

http://www.mythic-beasts.com/support/topic_vds_java.html

This is designed for low volume simple usage, everything is done directly by
Tomcat and there is no challenges with connectors and apache for example.

We're in the process of finalising our virtual hosting guide.

Hope this helps,

Pete Stevens

--
Pete Stevens
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

                I'd be a morning person if it didn't start so early in the day.