My apologies for being over the edge, but after pulling my hair out for the last few days and reading all kinds of web and USENET postings, along with searching the list archives, I came across all kinds of writings that did not address the issue of if (and how) this could be done, most just say to put them in the WEB-INF or the "shared" directories of TomCat.

I know it can be done because that's the way I have my other box setup now. My "shared" classes are in E:\java\library. My WEB-INF\classes directory is empty, and TomCat compiles the JSPs fine. But for the life of me I cannot duplicate this setup on the new box. That's what really makes this frustrating. I've done a system search for files containing "library\custom" and nothing relevant shows up. Searching the registry turns up nothing as well.

The only tidbit that I've come across is that parameter "java.class.path" is ignored when running as a service, instead "Imagepath" can specify a classpath. But I don't remember doing this on my other machine, and my registry entries for the service don't show any additional startup parameters. I wonder if procrun stores these values someplace else, but if so it's not stored anyplace within the Tomcat directory since I've copied the entire Tomcat directory from the "working" box to this box.