AFAIK the eclipse JDT compiler, that is used per default to compile the JSPs, doesn't support JDK 5.0 features. So you mustn't use these features in JSPs or change the JSP compiler.

Christoph

Petr Jiricka wrote:

Hello list,

is it safe to use the new JDK 5.0 language features, e.g. annotations and generic types, with Tomcat 5.5? Do people do this in practice? Was this tested extensively? Are there any known issues in this area? Please let me know your experience with using new JDK 5.0 constructs with Tomcat.

The reason I am asking is because the J2EE 1.4 specification mandates JDK 1.4 as the baseline, and all compliant servers must work reliably with JDK 1.4. There is no such requirement for JDK 5.0, so any applications that exploit the new JDK 5.0 constructs are technically non-portable and non-compliant with J2EE 1.4.

Thanks
Petr