In your $CATALINA_HOME/conf there is a file called tomcat-users.xml. Edit the
file and create an admin role and user.

For example:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<tomcat-users>
  <role rolename="tomcat"/>
  <role rolename="role1"/>
  <role rolename="standard"/>
  <role rolename="manager"/>
  <role rolename="admin"/>
  <user username="tomcat" password="tomcat" roles="tomcat"/>
  <user username="both" password="tomcat" roles="tomcat,role1"/>
  <user username="role1" password="tomcat" roles="role1"/>
  <user username="admin" password="tomcat" roles="standard,manager,admin"/>
</tomcat-users>

Restart tomcat and login.

Kevin Griesmar