What is a "file watcher"?

-----Original Message-----
From: deepak suldhal [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, March 10, 2005 7:41 AM
To: Tomcat Users List; Antony Paul
Subject: Re: file watcher

if you have a file watcher Please email, it will help me a lot.

Thanks

Antony Paul <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
What you mean ?. You need a file watcher program or you have one. To
start it when tomcat is started,
1. If it is servlet in web.xml use in servlet
declaration and run it from init() method.
2. Write a ContextListener and start it from there.

rgds
Antony Paul

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 15:31:12 -0800 (PST), deepak suldhal
wrote:
> Hi,
> I need to keep a file watcher program running.
> Is it possible for me to start this automatically when
>
> tomcat is hosted.
>
> Thanks

rgds
Antony Paul