Christoph Kutzinski wrote:

Good point,

I stumbled upon this, too. Thinking this was a Firefox bug, I even filed a bug report against it.

Note: The latest version of HTML Validator (0.5.5) fixed this bug. At least no more problems in my case.

greetings,
Christoph

Harry Mantheakis wrote:

I thought I should share this with any web-app developers on this list.

I recently installed the "HTML Validator" extension in Firefox. This caused
me no-end of troubles because "HTML Validator" (on Windows XP) was firing
off rogue secondary requests (!) whenever I was selecting any of my form
submit buttons.

Then I read this blog entry, and realised who the culprit was:

http://ronin.keyboardsamurais.de/evil_firefox_extensions.html

I uninstalled the "HTML Validator" extension and everything was fine again.

Kudos to the "LiveHTTPHeaders" extension which showed the double requests
being generated - though at first it made me think I had a faulty mouse!

http://livehttpheaders.mozdev.org/

HTH somebody who may be pulling their hair out.

Harry Mantheakis
London, UK

I couldn't even install the latest version of Firefox on RH 8.0 because it couldn't find some libraries. I googled the problem and found a post stating that some of the contributing developers weren't developing on a fresh image and were inposing specific file permissions on those who downloaded firefox. Does this make sense? I just left it at that and continued to use an older version.
Phil