take a look at the crossContext attribute in your Context element in the server
configuration xml file. set it to true

-----Original Message-----
From: N G [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, March 16, 2005 5:10 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Context sharing between 2 web apps

Hi,

I am using Tomcat 5.5.7. In a regular servlet, I am trying to do
something like this:

doGet(.....)
{
ServletContext app2 = getServletContext().getContext("/anotherApp");

variable app2 is null after this statement.

I think, context sharing is turned off in Tomcat, but I am not sure
how to turn it back on. I haven't touched server.xml except to switch
to port 80.

Could some help me out here? How do I enable this behavior?

Thanks,
NG