I like the WROX book JSP 2nd Edition.  It's not purely a servlet book but it
covers just about everything you might want to do.  Namely filters,
servlets, JSPs, MVC frameworks, XML/XSLT, custom tags and tag libraries,
JDBC, and EJB.  It's a little old so it doesn't cover some other important
things, but it's a good solid starter book in my opinion.

And if you don't need it anymore it works good for crushing small objects.
:)

--mikej
-=-----
mike jackson