From: Steve Lianoglou [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, March 25, 2005 11:43 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Tomcat rookie needs help updating project

> However when I make a change to my project either by recompiling some
> of my Java source code or by modifying some of JSP and/or HTML files,
> how do I get Tomcat to "recognize" these changes ? If I run the
> command "ant reload" from the DOS command line, when I rerun my
> application I do not see my changes. What do I need to do to install
> project changes ?

If you set reloadable="true" in your web-app context (see my previous
post), tomcat should also recognize any changes to the WEB-INF folder
and reload the webapp context automatically w/o taking down the whole
server.

Or, if you don't set reloadable="true" .. just click "reload" for the
webapp in the tomcat manager app.

hope that helps,

-steve