The webdav servlet only supports accessing content within the webapp in which the servlet is used. Therefore you have two options:
- move the whole webapp outside the webapps directory
- on *nix you could use symbolic links but I haven't tested this

For a more comprehensive webdav implementation have a look at the slide project.

Mark

Henrik Vendelbo wrote:
I want to modify the default webdav app in Tomcat 5.5 to storing information in
a folder outside the webapps hierachy. How do I do that ?

Henrik