or like we do, we pipe the output through cronolog

Filip

Tim Funk wrote:

There shouldn't be anything going to standard output (Unless your code is writing to System.out)

An overly simple way to rotate logs in unix ...
cd $tomcat_log_dir
cp -f catalina.out catalina.out.`date "+%Y.%m.%d"`
cat /dev/null > catalina.out

-Tim

Jimmy Ray wrote:

Running on HPUX...SDK 1.4.2...the standard output is
going to catlaina.out.  Is it possible to change the
logger settings reduce the size of the catalina.out
file and perform circular logging?  If so where are
these settings?

Regards,

Jimmy Ray