As I said: I never did it myself, but the following link seems relevant:
http://kb.thawte.com/thawte/thawte/esupport.asp?id=vs24694

> You would think if I have a cert from a CA then I should be able to
> import it into any server that uses SSL.  I already have the cert all the
> other parts are only things that allowed me to obtain the cert.

The cert from CA only contains the public key signed by the CA's private
key.  Showing public key to someone who connects to your web server is
cool and everything, but it's not enough to establish a secure
communication: you need to give your web server the secret key for that.
http://www.ourshop.com/resources/ssl.html