The app is pre-compiled. Delete the servlet mapping for /index.jsp in web.xml and then try it. (You might need to restart)

Mark

helena rato wrote:
I use Tomcat 5.0.27 with apache Apache 2.0.40 and JK2.

Just for the purpose of a test, I replace the existing
index.jsp file in $CATALINA_HOME/webapps/ROOT/ with
another index.jsp file, with following contents:

<h1>Hello World</h1>

I re-boot the server, and start Tomcat and Apache.

I browse to my URL using www.myurl.com:8080.

I still get the 'old' index.jsp!

The same happens with any of the Contexts installed
during setup, like 'jsp-examples' context (for
example, modifying /jsp-examples/num/numguess.jsp
seems to have no impact at all, even after rebooting).

On the other hand, with Tomcat Contexts created by me,
the behavior is normal.

I'm sure I am missing something, and would appreciate
any clue.

Thank-you in advance

Helena