To: "Tomcat Users List" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, April 08, 2005 11:56 AM
Subject: Re: Can you use Tomcat when you are not on line?

Answers for today follow. I tried to find out everything I could about the proxy server stuff, but after an hour gave up on getting a short answer from microsoft documentation. I could not find anything about ignoring it although since I am working dialup the proxy server should not be the problem. As usual this little fun project is beginning to take over my life. Thanks for all your help.
Wally

Can you ping localhost? (I think you said yes.)
Yes
Can you ping 127.0.0.1 ?
Yes
What does netstat -ta show in a Dos window? Can you see the port listening?
Yes
Does the computer have a network card in it, and is it enabled?
Yes, connects to my other computer but is presently turned off.
Do you have the loopback driver installed?
no (don't know, never used it)
Are you running a firewall (on the PC in question)?
Yes
Can you connect to the Internet and browse otherwise?
Yes
Is it via dialup?
Yes

----- Original Message ----- From: Parsons Technical Services<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Question, if you allow IE to connect to the Internet, can you get to the
page on localhost?
Yes
Can you ping localhost? (I think you said yes.)
Yes
Can you ping 127.0.0.1 ?
Yes
What does netstat -ta show in a Dos window? Can you see the port listening?
Yes
Does the computer have a network card in it, and is it enabled?
Yes, connects to my other computer
Do you have the loopback driver installed?
no (don't know, never used it)
Are you running a firewall (on the PC in question)?
Yes
Can you connect to the Internet and browse otherwise?
Yes
Is it via dialup?
Yes
Doug