Did you restart Tomcat after making the web.xml change?  It's been my
experience that authentication method changes like this actually get
handled from deeper within Tomcat's internal code, not just the
application, and the only way to register the change is by a full
restart.

Brent Sims
Systems Analyst 2
KC Human Services
Road rage, air rage.  Why should I be forced to divide my rage into
separate categories?  To me, it's just one big, all-round, everyday
rage.  I don't have time for fine distinctions.  I'm too busy screaming
at people.
                         - George Carlin
>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 04/09/05 11:00 AM >>>
I have Tomcat 5.5.4 running on WindowsXP with BASIC authentication
working via the Memory Realm and it works fine.
I want to change to FORM-based authentication.  I've 'BASIC' to 'FORM'
in web.xml and have a logon.html page with a form
action="j_security_check" (but it gives a HTTP 408 timeout error
immediately... any ideas?
Are there any online tutorials to help configure this?

Thanks