(Apologies for the repost a minute ago... wrong button.)

From: "Wendy Smoak" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/catalina/docs/api/org/apache/catalina/connector/HttpRequestWrapper.html

> Should I use something else?

Apparently...
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/servletapi/javax/servlet/http/HttpServletRequestWrapper.html

So, in my Filter, I have:
      HttpServletRequestWrapper wrappedRequest = new MyRequestWrapper(
request );
      chain.doFilter( wrappedRequest, response );

and
public class MyRequestWrapper extends HttpServletRequestWrapper  { ... }

Google didn't turn up any examples, so I'm feeling my way through this.
Please yell if I've gotten off on the wrong track,(otherwise I'll be back
when something stops working...)

--
Wendy Smoak