hi,

first you need to test if the script will be happy to
execute: leave it where you want it to be called from
the browser and in shell to type
/path/to/script/test.pl

if it execute, then you know it is your tomcat config
problem. you may need to restart tomcat after change
the .xml file(?)

there is security concern about using cgi, does not
matter with tomcat or apache. but as you know tomcat
can run perl.

good luck

cheng

--- "Raghupathy,Gurumoorthy"