Ikonne, Ike wrote:

It is more like the last thing you listed below. I know that when fronted with
Apache, that can be done, I thought tomcat had similar directory control that apache has without having to setup security constraints. You basically nailed
it, I may have to tell my clients to just front tomcat with Apache.

How are adding lines of configuration to .htaccess/httpd.conf any different than adding a few lines to web.xml?

And for no apparent (to me, anyway) advantage you're going to throw
in another couple of pieces of software to be installed, configured
and maintained?

What exactly is it about Apache httpd "directory control" that you
prefer?

--
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                          dream.  code.