To: "Tomcat Users List" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 19, 2005 2:28 PM
Subject: Re: can't see a tomcat installation on home network

First try to ping to your tomcat machine from xp machine
Then try to telnet to your tomcat machine  from xp machine

c:\>telnet machineip 8080

See if you can connect.

To cross check send me the output of following details

ON xp Machine           :    ipconfig
ON linux Machine        :    ifconfig

Regards
Guru