> From: J. Ryan Earl [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: RE: OutOfMemoryError - 100 thread limit?
>
> Peter Lin reproduced and fixed the problem LeeAnn is seeing,
> and said "If I set my heap to -Xms256m -Xmx512m I'm able to
> load the 18 webapps just fine. the total memory used after
> all the webapps are loaded is 152Megs."  He didn't mention
> anything about adjusting the perm gen space.

Nor is he running the same webapps that LeeAnn is using (as far as I
know), so that's a bit of an apples and oranges comparison.  Also, his
conjecture that the JVM "couldn't keep up" doesn't fit with my
understanding of object allocation and GC in a HotSpot JVM.  If needed,
the JVM simply suspends all the application threads and does a full GC.
Again, the -XX:+PrintGCDetails will tell us what's really going on.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.