Ashok Anumandla wrote:

I am trying to host my son website on Tomcat 5.5.9 in my home machine, i did following steps ..

But unfortunately i am not able to make it working , when i try http://localhost:8080/anishanumandla, it is working fine, but when i try accessing www.anishanumandla.com it is not working, i am getting page not found error,

1) Can you ping "www.anishanumandla.com"? I can't :-) So you need to first make sure that name resolves correctly, and your system can be reached as that address.

2) You should also read the docs on the Host element -- you'll need
   an Alias element as well::

      prompt% host www.anishanumandla.com
      www.anishanumandla.com is an alias for anishanumandla.com.
      anishanumandla.com has address 24.6.220.179

3) You'll need to change your Connector port setting from 8080 to 80

That should get you started :-)

HTH!
--
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- [EMAIL PROTECTED]