What version of TC?  I've read something about
configuring the HTTPS connector to perform SSL client
certificate authorization.  I'm agree with Jim, in
server.xml, the clientAuth should be set to true.
That is the correct setting, if you get a page not
found, that doesn't mean the cert didn't work...
Also, the name on the client cert must be exactly the
same as the one in the user database.  I've also read
that you don't need and security-constraints to use
the CLIENT-CERT unless you're also using a separeat
Realm.

DW