Last I knew sessions are not shared between SSL and non-SSL connections by design (as opposed to a bug). Your best bet is probably:

1. Start a session on the non-ssl side
2. Forward the user to the ssl login w/ the session id in the request
3. The ssl login stores the session id and any other important info in a shared persistence layer (i.e. database) and forwards back to the non-ssl side
4. The non-ssl side checks the persistence layer for it's session id and any other info left by the login page.

--David

Anhony wrote:

I am using Tomcat 5.0.28

Users log into my application from https://xxx.com/login.jsp. When submitted, I check for a valid userID/Password, create a session with getSession(), and then save the userID/Password in a session variable. The validated user is then returned to my main tools page. If the user then selects a link to a non secure page, http://..., I get a return of null when performing getSession( false) when trying to check that the user is valid.

Thanks for the help.

Anthony

----- Original Message ----- From: "Anto Paul" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: "Tomcat Users List" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org> Sent: Thursday, April 28, 2005 10:26 AM Subject: Re: Session lost when switching from https to http in Tomcat 5.