Andrea Aime wrote:

Hi,
I have a set of property files that allow me to configure my application.
They contain things like file system locations, database access parameters
and so on.
Now, I would like to put them outside the war file in order to make installation
easier for people not used to web app deployements, but at the same time
I would like to make those files visible only to my app (for example, I'd like
to change the log levels in log4j without unpacking the war).
So, it seems that using shared/classes is not a great solution...

What do you suggest? Is there a clean and easy solution?
Best regards
Andrea Aime

Why not use Java Preferences.

--
Regards

Dave Butler
butlerdi-at-manxsoft-dot-net

Also on Skype as butlerdi

Get Skype here http://www.skype.com/download.html

********************************************************************** This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com

begin:vcard
fn:Dave Butler
n:Butler;Dave