I've new to servlets and jsp and have just installed Tomcat so forgive
me if I'm missing something really simple here. I've searched the
archives and not found any answers. I've created a new webapp as
detailed in the instructions that I downloaded. The servlets and html
files work fine but when I try to load a jsp the browser diplays a 404
error and I get a ClassNotFoundException in the command window. I'm
running Tommcat 3.2.1 with Linux/Apache. Can anyone help me out.

he directory structure is
/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat/myapp/WEB-INF/classes. I'm placing the jsp and
html files in myapp and the servlets in classes. I have defined a
context for myapp in server.xml. In the browser I type
http://myserver/myapp/index.jsp.

Michael Garthwaite