From: "Michael Strorm" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
skeleton/WEB-INF/lib/subapp/Beany.class

Jar files go in WEB-INF/lib. Classes go under WEB-INF/classes in a directory structure matching the package name. What package statement does Beany.java contain?

       org.apache.jasper.JasperException:
       /subapp/skeleton.jsp(2,0) The
       value for the useBean class attribute
       subclass.Beany is invalid.

Shouldn't that be 'subapp.Beany' and not 'subclass.Beany'? That's why I asked, above, about the package statement.

Before you continue, you might shut down Tomcat and delete the 'work' directory associated with this webapp to make sure you're starting fresh. (I assume such a thing exists in version 5, I'm still using 4.1.)

You're close, just change one thing at a time until you figure it out.

--
Wendy Smoak