Hi,

We have a tomcat running in a W2K Box (tomcat 4.1.30, java 1.4.1_01, W2K
SP4, Pentium Xeon 2,8Ghz, 2,5Gb ram).

Tomcat is running as a service (default installation) and time to time
(random) it crashes with the following message:

The Apache Tomcat 4.1 service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this
1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 60000
milliseconds: Restart the service.

The source of this message is Service Control Manager and the event id
is 7031.

After the restart, I receive more or less 120 warning messages telling
me that:

The compressed file "C:\winnt\temp\jar_cacheXXXXX.tmp" contains files
number that is larger than 100. The file was skipped by Real-Time scan.

Does someone experienced something like this? Any suggestion? Is there
any know issue with tomcat service?

Maybe doing an upgrade on java/tomcat?

TIA,

Bob