To: <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, May 10, 2005 6:59 PM
Subject: question about load-on-startup in web.xml

hi,

regarding the <load-on-startup> tag in web.xml:

say i have 2 web apps (webapp1 and webapp2).  if i configure webapp1's
servlet to have <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup> and webapp2's
servlet to have <load-on-startup>100</load-on-startup>, does this mean
that tomcat will init webapp1's servlet first and once that's done,
it'll init webapp2's servlet?

basically, i want both web app's servlets to auto initialize on tomcat
startup, but i want webapp2's servlet to initialze only after
webapp1's servlet has finished initialization.  when i use the above
load-on-startup settings, webapp2's servlet seems to initialize before
webapp1's servlet has finished initialization.

thanks.
-annie