From: Tim Diggins [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 12 May 2005 16:21
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Can a client recapture a session in Tomcat 4.1

Using IP sounds a bit scary as a lookup - think of all the users with
equivalent IP addresses (because of NATing routers/firewalls, etc.).
Plus it would be a strikes me it would be a nightmare to test...

But, if instead you wanted to have a session that wasn't linked to tomcat's
notion of a session, you could (maybe) build a separate Session management
that was stored in a regular (non-session) cookie -- it would
  then persist "across sessions" in the same browser...

Tim