Thanks, but it still doesn't work!  I removed the RewriteRule from
httpd.conf and added the welcome-file-list section to the web.xml
file.   Now, when I go to my vanilla domain (www.smartmicro.com) I
get this message:

Forbidden
Apache/2.0.47 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.47 OpenSSL/0.9.7b DAV/2 mod_jk/1.2.4
Server at www.smartmicro.com Port 80

It's as if Apache isn't even trying to forward the request to Tomcat.

What do you guys configure, next, to get www.domain.com requests to
be processed by Tomcat?

Peter Alvin
mobile 719-210-3858
skype 'smartmicro'

On Thu, 12 May 2005 17:41:27 -0400, Trung Nguyen wrote:
>Put these lines into web.xml file
>
><welcome-file-list>
>    <welcome-file>home.htm</welcome-file>
></welcome-file-list>