Hi Stanislav,

Stanislav Bauer schrieb:
> Hmm, when I remove index.jsp then I get just a directory listing.
>
> Concerning the mining, how should the structure be then? Where should
> DocumentRoot normaly point to?
>
> I thought it works that way:
> 1) Take the pages from DocumentRoot
> 2) If it is *.jsp pass it to TC and TC will execute them
> 3) Otherwise Apache sends them directly
>
> But it seams that Apache sends all directly, and if I dont have the
> DirectoryIndex with index.jsp it starts with a listing.

Ok, the directory listing also tells you which server serves the listing.
I assume, it is Apache and not Tomcat, isn't it?

Normally, you use Apache to serve PHP pages and Tomcat to server JSP
pages. Sometimes you want, that Apache receives the requests for Tomcat
and forwards them to Tomcat.

Both ways, you have different web applications which you should keep
separately as regards the directories. The DocumentRoot of Apache should
never point to a subdirectory of $CATALINA_HOME, and the webApp and
docBase attributes of Tomcat should never point to Apache directories. In
my opinion.

It is up to you where to point to with the DocumentRoot. I.e.
/var/www/html/ or where you have your PHP web application, if you have
one. All pages within Tomcat's webapp directory should be served by
Tomcat.

Finally, I have had a second look at the lines you have sent:

     <VirtualHost>
         ServerName www.domain.com
         DocumentRoot /.../webapps/domain
         JkMount /domain worker1
         JkMount /domain/* worker1
         JkAutoAlias /............
     </VirtualHost>

1. What happens if you remove JkAutoAlias?
2. What happens if you set DocumentRoot to /.../webapps/?

(Both just for a moment to see what happens. :-) )

Best wishes

Lutz