How about passing the session ids in the url like you woud do if the
user had cookies disabled?

-----Original Message-----
From: Rick Wong [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, May 13, 2005 11:42 AM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: IE 20 session cookies limitation

Hi,

I am using Tomcat 5.0.26.  I have 20+ web applications hooked up with
single-sign-on.  Each web application generates a JESSIONID session
cookie with a different path, and shares a single JSESSIONIDSSO.

When testing my suite of applications, I notice that IE consistently
drops my login after accessing the 20th web application within a
session.  I did some research and learned about RFC 2109 where HTTP
agents should support a minimum of 20 session cookies per domain.  That
appears to be just what IE does.  The following Microsoft knowledgebase
article explains that:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;306070.  I
suspect JSESSIONIDSSO was the oldest cookie, and was the first to get
dropped by IE when reaching over 20 session cookies.  Firefox does not
have this problem.

Knowing that I cannot easily refactor the application suite to make less

number of web application (< 19), I am wondering if anyone else has this

problem, and if and how I might work around this IE limitation.

Thanks,
--
Rick