I think instead of downgrading and using the deprecated things, I should move
on and use the new architecture to monitor the MBeanServer. In this context,
could you help me with 2 things :
1) How to start Tomcat 5.5.9 with jmx enabled on a specific port ?
2) How to connect to the service running programmatically so that I can get a
reference to the MBeanServer or a MBeanServerConnection (according to the new
architecture) I guess.

Thanks
Pankaj