Anto Paul wrote:

If you mean that Tomcat is still listening on port 8080, you must
comment the connector element in server.xml which tells Tomcat to
listen on port 8080.
You should check your application source to see that no port no is
hard coded in it.

Thanks Anto & Lutz, the problem was at two places: I didn't configure mod_jk.conf properly and the application I deployed had some bad deployment descriptors. I removed that application, uncommented the connector and everything works correctly now.

Regards,
Vamsee.