From: Frank W. Zammetti [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, May 16, 2005 12:36 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: How to do "Downtime" with a Apache/Tomcat webapp

I had a similar requirement in my app... We had a two-hour window per
day when the app was unavailable because background tasks were
processing.  The server was still up, and so was the app technically,
but it was not available.

I wrote a filter to take care of this.  I had a flag in application
context to tell if the app was up or not too, so that if I had to make
the app unavailable during a time when it normally was available, I just
set the flag.  I also defined a single user that was still allowed to
get in (another context parameter).  This works out great.

--
Frank W. Zammetti
Founder and Chief Software Architect

Len Popp wrote:
> I've been thinking about the same problem, but I haven't gotten around
> working on it seriously.
>  How about this: Instead of fiddling with the JkMount directives in
Apache,