Hi -

thanks for that, I hadn't realised that the servlet-name "default" would still work in my webapp's web.xml. So I can reverse the logic as you suggest. Works great.

Tim

Parsons Technical Services wrote:
Look here:
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/default-servlet.html

If you override the mapping by putting your own reference to the default in your web.xml for the app, you should be able to map it the way you want and then have a mapping to your servlet with the / path.

Or have your Spring dispatcher catch everything and parse the path to redirect the static stuff.

Haven't tried this myself, just some thoughts.

Doug