The only change I made to httpd.conf was to add the
line:  Include "C:\Program Files\Apache Software
Foundation\Tomcat 5.5\conf\mod_jk.conf".  (You can put
the .conf file anywhere, you just have to tell Apache
where it's located.)

I did find that the HowTo instructions directed you to
use "Auto-configure".  I ran that once to build the
mod_jk.conf-auto file.  What I found was that it
didn't  build it correctly.  The JKMount paths didn't
match what I had in Tomcat.  I don't recall what it
put in the file, but it wasn't right.  I ended up
removing the line that they tell you to add to
server.xml to auto-configure once I had the format of
the mod_jk.conf file.  Also, if you examine the
mod_jk.conf file, one of the first things it does is
to instruct Apache to "LoadModule jk_module
modules/mod_jk.so", so it isn't necessary to add that
to the httpd.conf file.  I did populate the
information for JkWorkersFile and JkLogfile.  Once I
had the url's correctly defined, it just worked.

I wondered if it would be helpful for those who have
been successful at configuring the connector to just
publish a document for the various versions of Tomcat;
4.x, 5.0.x, and 5.5.x.  I only say that because even
the HowTo document that I used seemed to only get me
about 50% of the way there.

DW

Yahoo! Mail