Hi Angelov,

Am Freitag, 20. Mai 2005 15:53 schrieb Angelov, Rossen:
> Hi,
> Does anybody know why Tomcat always redirects to absolute links?
>
> I looked at the implementation and the sendRedirect calls the
> toAbsolute method which always constructs an absolute URL.
> Is there any way to make Tomcat return relative URLs the way they
> were requested for redirecting?

I would say that sendRedirect will set the HTTP header field "Location".
According to the specification of the "Hypertext Transfer Protocol --
HTTP/1.1" / RFC 2616, this field requires an absolute URL:

        "The field value consists of a single absolute URI."
        -> http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec14.html#sec14.30

Best wishes

Lutz