On Sun, May 22, 2005 at 04:14:30PM -0500, Lane wrote:
: I'm trying to find how to send jvm parameters (-Xm128m) to the JVM during
: tomcat startup.  I have an application (openreports) that fails with
: outofmemory exception intermittently.

You can set the environment variable JAVA_OPTS, e.g.
        export JAVA_OPTS='-Xm128m'

Note that this would require writing a wrapper script to call the Tomcat
scripts, since it'd be silly to do this by hand all the time.

The extra script may sound like a pain, but it actually makes your setup
less sensitive to Tomcat upgrades because you won't have to modify
anything in the Tomcat tree.

-QM

--

software   -- http://www.brandxdev.net/