Lane wrote:

I got the <valve> configured and working in server.xml and immediately set about trying to make it work only in a specific context.

I've tried to configure it in $CATALINA_HOME/conf/Catalina/localhost/helloworld.xml and in $CATALINA_HOME/webapps/hellowworld/WEB-INF/web.xml but the <Valve> seems to be ignored unless it is in $CATALINA_HOME/conf/server.xml

I'm set now, but if anybody has information on per-context access logging it'd sure help me troubleshoot.

I just took the Valve entry from a Host in my server.xml, stuck it
inside a ROOT.xml file changing only the prefix attribute, restarted
the server and bingo -- a context-specific log file is being created.

There's really not much to it, as the example in the docs shows.

Maybe you should post your entire Context file.

--
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                          dream.  code.