Thanks for the good info!

------Original Message------
From: "Mark Mynsted" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: March 23, 2001 3:07:21 PM GMT
Subject: Re: Logging in tomcat

I think the simplest way is to just use
application.log("This is a message to be logged");

This goes to the Servlet.log.  A little better maybe would be to define
something like:
String logHeader = request.getServletPath() + ": ";

Then use
application.log(logHeader + "This is a message to be logged.");

This way the log message will be prefixed with the servlet generating the
message.

The "application" variable is automatically defined for the service method.

>>> tomcat user <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 3/22/2001 3:04:12 PM >>>
I am a new user to the Tomcat world.

I haven't found much info on logging in tomcat. Is there somewhere I can go
to look up this info?

How does logging work in tomcat. If I write system.out's, will I see those
on the tomcat console? Or, does this have to go through logging? If so, how
would I invoke the logging mechanism?

I'm just interested in getting debug info out of Tomcat.

Thanks

FREE Personalized Email at Mail.com

FREE Personalized Email at Mail.com