>From what it sounds like you have apache running as a proxy to tomcat.  If
>thats the case,

Add the following to your apache config file httpd.conf change

ErrorDocument 503 /your_file.html
ErrorDocument 200 /your_file.html

-B
-----Original Message-----
From: j r [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, June 06, 2005 5:40 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: How do I change the error page being served while tomcat is
starting up?

When I start tomcat, it takes approximately 1 minute to complete its
startup process.  If apache is up during that period, the following
page gets served:

Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to
maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.
Apache Server at <<server name>> Port 80

For obvious reasons, I removed the server name and apache version.  I
do not want either of these displayed to the customer.  How can I
changed those?

I have tried to put the following in web.xml to no avail:
<error-page>
        <error-code>404</error-code>
        <location>/errors/joey.html</location>
    </error-page>