From: Anto Paul [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, June 06, 2005 10:04 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Disabling put and delete http methods...

On 6/7/05, Peter Fellwock <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Tomcat Gurus:
>

> How can I disable "put" and "delete" http methods?

Putting a security constraint in web.xml works. Try this in
applications web.xml. Usually it will be last element in the web.xml.

<security-constraint>
        <web-resource-collection>
            <web-resource-name>Disallowed Location</web-resource-name>
            <url-pattern>*</url-pattern>
            <http-method>DELETE</http-method>
            <http-method>PUT</http-method>
        </web-resource-collection>