Hi,

Can anyone help me with regard to running Embedded Tomcat 5.5.9 with SSL. I
found a mail archive before that has the same problem, however there is no
resolution.

http://www.mail-archive.com/tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg153661.html

I have included my code and errors that I am receiving. Any help would be
greatly appreciated

Here is the code I am Using

import java.io.File;
..
..
import org.apache.tomcat.util.IntrospectionUtils;

public class TestEmbededTomcat {

    public static void main( String args[] )
    {

        Embedded embedded = new Embedded();

        // set default logger and realm
        org.apache.log4j.BasicConfigurator.configure();

        MemoryRealm memRealm = new MemoryRealm();
        embedded.setRealm(memRealm);

        //Create an Engine
        Engine baseEngine = embedded.createEngine();

        baseEngine.setName("TestEngine");
        baseEngine.setDefaultHost("vsjHost");

        //Create Host
        Host baseHost =  embedded.createHost( "vsjHost",
"e:/ent/sip2.0/rte/jakarta-tomcat-5.5.9-embed/webapps" );

        baseEngine.addChild( baseHost );

        //Create default context
        Context rootContext = embedded.createContext("","ROOT");

        baseHost.addChild( rootContext );

        // Create context for web app for axis
        Context axisContext = embedded.createContext("/axis", "axis");
        axisContext.setPrivileged( true );
        baseHost.addChild( axisContext );

        embedded.addEngine( baseEngine );

      //Create a ssh Connector
      Connector sshConnector = embedded.createConnector( (java.net.InetAddress)
null,
                                                           9012,
                                                           true);

        IntrospectionUtils.setProperty(sshConnector, "sslProtocol", "TLS");
        IntrospectionUtils.setProperty(sshConnector, "keypass", "changeit");
        IntrospectionUtils.setProperty(sshConnector, "keystore", "C:/Documents
and Settings/mcdonald/.keystore");
        IntrospectionUtils.setProperty(sshConnector, "clientAuth", "false");

        embedded.addConnector( sshConnector );
        sshConnector.setProtocol( "TLS" );

        //start operation
        embedded.start();
    }
}

Here is the error message I get :-

12:16:41:375:
[org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint][http-9012-Processor3] DEBUG -
Handshake
ailed
javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: Received fatal alert: handshake_failure
        at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.BaseSSLSocketImpl.a(DashoA6275)
        at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.BaseSSLSocketImpl.b(DashoA6275)
        at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.b(DashoA6275)
        at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.a(DashoA6275)
        at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.j(DashoA6275)
        at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(DashoA6275)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.jsse.JSSESocketFactory.handshake(JSSESocketFactory.java:119)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:520)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.j
va:80)
        at
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)
287423 [http-9012-Processor3] DEBUG org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint
- Handshake failed
[...]

Here is the message I get from Firefox :-

"Could not establish an encrypted connection, because the certificate presented
by localhost is invalid or corrupted. Error Code : -8182"

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and may be
privileged and are intended solely for the individual named/ for the use of the
individual or entity to whom they are addressed.If you are not the intended
addressee, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.Please
notify the sender immediately if you have received this e-mail by mistake and
delete this e-mail from your system.If you are not the intended recipient, you
are notified that reviewing, disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any
action in reliance on the contents of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.Please
note that any views or opinions expressed in this e-mail are solely those of
the author and do not necessarily represent those of Traventec Limited. This
e-mail has been swept for computer viruses however Traventec Limited accepts no
liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail.