We are attempting to configure tomcat with virtual hosts so that different
ports represent different regions

For example
port 80 may represent a QA region
port 90 may represent a dev region

We are using apache as the front end for Tomcat

in httpd.conf we have the following defined :

# Definition for DEVA
<VirtualHost *:90>
    ServerAdmin [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   ServerName deva
    JkMount /* ajp13
    ErrorLog /opt/bluepage/deva/logs/error_log
    CustomLog /opt/bluepage/deva/logs/access_log common
</VirtualHost>

this should forward all requests to the Tomcat connector and hence to
Tomcat

in server.xml we have the following defined :

<Host name="deva" appBase="webapps" unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true">
                                   directory="logs"
                                   prefix="deva_log." suffix=".txt"
                                   timestamp="true"/>

                <Context path=""
                         docBase="/opt/tomcat/webapps/dva/BluePage.war">
                         crossContext="false"
                         debug="1"
                         reloadable="false"
                         trusted="false">
                </Context>
                <Context path="/BluePage"
                         docBase="/opt/tomcat/webapps/dva/BluePage.war">
                        crossContext="false"
                         debug="1"
                         reloadable="false"
                         trusted="false">
        </Context>
                <!-- ** the deva application context ** -->
 </Host>

and in /etc/hosts we have

127.0.0.1       localhost qaa qab qac deva devb devc
192.168.85.6    qaa qab qac deva devb devc

When we start tomcat and hit the URL : http://192.168.85.6:90/index.html
we see some of the static html content that is defined in the "root" of
the WAR file
However when trying to access any of the servlets in the WAR , for example

http://192.168.85.6:90/BluePage/Redirector?foo=usa&bar=ca&ENTER.x=15&ENTER.y=18

 The following logs in the Apache access_log for this host

 - [08/Jun/2005:12:21:59 -0400] "GET
/BluePage/Redirector?foo=usa&bar=ca&ENTER.x=15&ENTER.y=18 HTTP/1.1" 302 0

nothing logs in the associated tomcat log and the servlet doesn't appear
to be getting called.

The WAR was built on the same machine as the Tomcat Server so we are using
the same java version and the structure of the WAR was initially built on
Websphere, so I feel that
the structure in terms of WEB-INF/classes and such is valid.

We have exhaustively experimented with permutations of server settings,
read everything on Virtual Host configuration and the proper course of
action escapes us.
I am thinking that this may be an issue with the application code itself,
but I am not sure where to start looking.

Does anyone have any thoughts or pointers they may be willing to share ?

Thanks

Colby C. Meyer