Hi,

My objective for this topic is to find a way to make my tomcat app able
to handle as many as possible concurrent requests.

My app spec is

-servlet running on Tomcat 5.0

My app is a mobile text messaging app that receives requests via a
single servlet, called InboundRequest. This servlet will,

1. Read the HTTP params in the request

2. Decide to which other servlet classes it should forward to
(RequestDispatcher)

3. The recipient servlet will read the HTTP param, process it and
outputs the data via OutboundResponse java class.

So, my issue is,

1. What factor decides the number of concurrent requests my
InboundRequest servlet can handle? Is it my code or Tomcat itself or the
server hardware

2. Since I'm using Request Dispatcher forwarding, if say i have a
request that takes 5 seconds to complete the its task (to output the
result via OutboundResponse), will in inhibits/stops any other requests
that comes in during that 5 seconds?

I appreciate all expertise i can get.

Thank you and have a great day.

Just me, myself & I,