I upgraded to Apache2 and TC 5.5.8 and that seems to have taken care of the problem, whatever it was.

On May 25, 2005, at 3:32 PM, Mark Eggers wrote:

--- Grant Ingersoll
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Thanks for the ideas.  I cranked my debugging up to
99.

There are a couple of things that I see, but don't
know if they are
serious:
1. SEVERE: The scratchDir you specified:

/development/jakarta-tomcat-5.0.28/work/Catalina/localhost/admin
is
unusable.
      -- I never set this, I am assuming it is the
default

This is normally the work directory for the admin
application.  Are you trying to replace this
application, or could there be a context problem?

2. WARNING: Duplicate name in Manifest: Class-Path
     -- I think this is due to some JAR in struts

I will have to load and launch a Struts application to
check on this.  I don't recall seeing this recently.

3. In the apache log I get warnings about compiling
mod_jk with EAPI on

EAPI compilation is for a module compiled for Apache
1.3 and supporting SSL.  Are you using Apache 1.3 or
2.0?  From the error message below, it sounds like you
are trying to run a 1.3 module on a 2.0 server.  This
won't be successful.

Either download and compile the source, or get the
binary release for apache 2.0.47.

I am mapping through mod_jk, so the error I get is
the Apache Internal
Server Error.  The Tomcat process is dead, so there
is no tomcat error
page.

Hope this helps

/mde/