Dear List,

I'm after some external advice on how best to configure Tomcat and our web
application.

The web application is intended to run 5 international country web sites. The
code base is aware of its need to run different sites, and uses various
parameters in calling backend services to acquire the relvant content for page
building and so on.

We will be running each website with its own country domain, e.g

www.domain.co.uk
www.domain.com

as well as wishing to run subdomains

sub.domain.co.uk
sub.domain.com

The question is, is it better to run 1 web application to serve all these
sites, or would you run each site as a separate web application and configure
the build process appropriately.

Being able to bring down 1 particular site is the main benefit I can see for
separate web applications, whereas more centralised configuration may be a
benefit for 1 web application.

I'd really like to hear your opinions if you do the same thing or have thoughts
on this topic.

Thanks in advance, Allistair.

QAS Ltd.
Registered in England: No 2582055